Friday, October 30, 2009

You turkey!

Today, everyone at the bakery seemed to think that I was nuts. After a no sleep night, helping my sister move, and then picking up a friend at the train station, you would think that I would have been spent, but there I was, bright and early, designing a menu for today, and a new one for tommorow. Guess what I made...Okay, I'll tell you. Lasagna. This lasagna was not typical, as it has polenta instead of noodles, the house made fresh cheese is spiked with cinnamon and sage, the fillings are rutebega greens with onions, and winter squash, and the darned thing weighed at least sixty pounds. It looks great, smells great, and I would be willing to bet that when I finalize tomorrows menu, in the morning, I can make it sound great. Come by, and eat it. I'll try it in the morning, as I bet it tastes grrreat! I got news today that Uphill farm, one of our local vendors, will be selling goat, which I am excited about. Look forward to goat pot pies. As Thanksgiving is coming upon us, let me put this out there...Not all of us are great and strange chefs, so let us cook something traditional and something strange for your thanksgiving table. Maybe not as strange as the cream of breakfast radish soup that I made the other day, (also on the menu this weekend). But nonetheless, exciting. By the end of next week we will be taking orders for holiday dishes, and we will also have a couple of extra thanksgiving turkeys. Come ask for an order form, or something similar. Also, a decision has been made. We will be open on Thanksgiving day, until noon. That is to enable you all to pick up whatever you may have ordered or forgot to order, but on the following day, marking the one year anniversary of Wild Hive Cafe being open, we will be closed. Closed. Can you believe it? If you know that you will be needing cream puffs, or challah, or our company, come ahead of time, because I will be at home, stoking the woodstove, and petting my lovely dogs, and plotting the next menu. See you at the bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment