Sunday, October 25, 2009

Craziness

Well, well, well, today. I must say, everyone was patient and lovely while we were grossly understaffed to have 100% full house for over eight hours. We were running minus 33 percent, but we ran strong, and truly had a good time, like we ALWAYS do. It seems that everything was delicious, which makes me proud as your waitress, and also as the chef. I am sure that that seems unconventional, but the small business that is Wild Hive requires some multi-tasking. I feel very lucky to have such awesome farmers that bring us their freshest foods, and such awesome line cooks to make evreything hot and beautiful for your order, and such an awesome Don who lets me create whatever strange thing that pops into my mind. So, the sunchoke salad turned out to be a real hit! We will make more, and run it all this week, using sunchokes from Ethel and Tom, who brought us a new sign this week, depicting a very "hot" lady loaf of bread. You must come se, or this week I will post a picture for those of you who are far away. Now I must rest, as tomorrow is the ideal day to hunt my glorious mushrooms. With the intense Saturday rains, and the reasonable temperatures, I feel as though the Hudson Valley surely is going to offer us some fungi for the menu this week...Even though I am exhausted, the excitement keeps me up, as I am reading my mushroom fiels guides, and dreaming up the strange things that you will all eat this coming week. Sunchoke...?...

No comments:

Post a Comment