Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cold? Strike a match to that woodstove!

So, I am moving...It may not sound drastic, as it is only a quarter of a mile away from the cabin that I have maintained for years, but it is for me. I will now have electricity. Granted, only a little, but a little electricity is a lot compared with none. Plumbing...well, I will have a sink. A sink! Of my very own. Who would like a glass of water? Well, let me get that for you, from my SINK. I have firewood. Maintaining the hours I do, I am not sure that the house will be very warm, although I won't tell my dogs that, but I am prepared, in case someone tells me that I need not come to work for a couple of days, and I can stay home and enjoy the extreme amounts of food that I have preserved for...myself? for the winter. I have a terrible habit of maintaining enough food for a family of 15, and forgetting that I live alone, and really, no one is coming for dinner. My chickens have slowed down laying, and the veggies have all but stopped producing, so I can try to catch up with the recent abundance. Carrots and radishes, here i come! And the rutebegas, I dream only of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment