Monday, January 17, 2011

amazing farmers markets

well, i moved from the west coast to the east coast of hawaii. this morning, i woke up at 6am and by 9, i had already been to two local farmers markets, and i had planned my dinner. i took photos, but they are on my cell phone, and now i have to figure out how to put those on the computer. the special thing about this market, in pahoa, was that i finally got some whole cacoa pods. and if that was not exciting enough, at the next market, i found a durian fruit. i WAS excited about this. then i gently placed the durian in my trunk (of my rental sports car, with a sunroof) as i begin to drive back to my temp. home, i can barely stand it. the durian stinks so bad, i can barely be in the same car as it. i drive the 15 minutes, and unload the local goat feta, herbs, onions, lemons, and fresh eggs and english muffins, and then i know, i have to deal with it......the durian. spiky, stinky, and heavy, i take it out of the trunk, and stick it in the bushes, as not to offend the other people staying near me. even 60 feet away, while it is outside, i can still smell it. this was a big deal for me to find and eat. suprisingly, i have a friend coming to hawaii to see me tomorrow. and another friend coming in three days. i will make them eat this 9lb durian with me. ha ha ha....stay in touch, i will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment