Thursday, July 29, 2010

A long awaited update

I know it has been awhile....But it is simply because I have been trying my best to manage all of the delicious foods that are coming my way! Today alone I received the following veggies:
sweet corn
heirloom tomatoes
cranberry beans
green peppers
red and green cabbages
basil
lettuce
hot peppers
garlic
onions
zucchini and yellow squash
banana and butternut squash
rosemary
orange mint
shallots
onions, many types
beets
blueberries
blackberries
chives
dandelion greens
kale
peaches
plums
and I know I got more veggies, but I have had such a busy day that perhaps I just can't remember the rest. I am just getting home from making some awesome foods. The menu that I made last night for this Fri, Sat and Sun is pretty exciting, perhaps you should try the Grits Gone Wild...Grits, sweet corn, pork sausage, sauteed peppers and onions, zucchini, red meck cheese, a duck egg, toast and homefries. You should probably come here...and eat this. I must say a formal farewell to Fellow Workers Farm, a local group of folks, which I was a part of, and proud to be, and we grew and foraged and fermented everything in sight, and my other fellow workers moved to Rhode Island this week. I wish them the best, and I am sad to see them go, and I only hope to carry on my part, as black trumpet mushrooms will arrive any day. (Check back, to see if I have any available in the store) Traci, Charles, Iris, Levi, and Lydia, I am so sad to see you go, and I hope that we do you justice from the Hudson Valley, and Providence is terribly lucky to have you. Good night, sleep tight, and try to avoid Rhinebeck. The Clinton wedding will cause you a great headache in the form of traffic and men in black with sunglasses. Hold tight, dinners at the Hive are on the way. GO SUMMER. GO SWIMMING. BLTs start tomorrow. Oh, and pork and feta stuffed pattypan squash. Sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment