Thursday, June 3, 2010

We are swimming in your future dinner!




Well, well. We want to thank you all for coming out to our Memorial Day bash, where we served a ton of free food, lots of Ronnybrook ice cream, and had live music. Days like that remind us all of why we are here. With a community like ours, we are constantly reminded of what it means to support and be supported.


But, lets get down to business. For those of you who are not aware, Thompson Finch opened to the public for the first day of pick your own strawberries this past Wednesday, and Kevin and I were there! Thompson Finch is our local, organic pick your own place of choice for strawberries, and we have them, both on the menu, and for sale, and they are DELICIOUS!!!!! Ethel came by today and dropped off quite the bounty of kale, both curly and lacinato, and don't tell me that buying local is always more expensive, because we have some deals on greens that would make you blush. She also dropped off a little basil, that you will find on the menu, and so many other things. Today we got in a couple of new cheeses, and Tom stopped in from Poole Hill Farm and delivered the end of the spring spinach, and we got our last case of asparagus for the year. We also have rhubarb from yours truly, spring onions, choy sum (which I have not seen around here in years, and please ask me what to do with it, and rush here to get yours!!) , head lettuce and loose lettuce, dill, sage, cilantro, mizuna, radishes, garlic scapes, Fox Hill's hot dogs, and so much more. I will be making breakfast in bed packages for you to take home and cook up for your family or lover, so don't miss those, with Thunderhill pullet eggs and bacon.


Tonight I stopped by Taliaferro farm, an organic family run farm in New Paltz, which if you are not aquainted with, let me know, and I will connect you, and Pete gave me some beets and napa cabbage, which will be featured on the menu with snap peas, basil, radishes and grass fed steak. I can almost taste it now. Don headed to the city tonight for the Union Square greenmarket, which we will be attending for three more weeks until fall, so go say hello if you happen to be in the city.
If you happen to have a second, please enjoy this video of my pet chickens. I tried to post video of my chicken riding my 100lb pitbull, and love of my life, Willow, but the file was too big, and I will try to film a smaller one. More chicken action to follow. We hope to see you out at the bakery this weekend, and start looking at kale recipes!
Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment