Friday, February 19, 2010

New Winter Radishes!!!



Stop everything! Get down here! We have some new winter radishes, red german and luobo...firm bodied and spicy, like me. Take my word for it, you will enjoy these roots, grown by Hector at Conuco farm in New Paltz. On this weekends menu we are serving them, mixed with other roots like turnips, carrots and rutabagas over a bed of mixed greens, dressed with roasted garlic probiotic dressing and honey. Or just ask me for a sample. These are amazing raw or cooked, roasted, mashed, pureed into soup, and gosh darn the possibilities are endless. And around for a limited time.

As you may or may not already know...maple season is upon us. I will be tapping my trees this coming Monday, a little late, I know, and this will lead us into a changed date for our maple dinner, which I am posting a menu for here. Read it, tell your friends and make a reservation. I will be presenting on the process of maple sugaring, along with a couple of other maplers.

No comments:

Post a Comment